Seamless gutters means there are no joints to leak. The finish on the materials will not blister, flake, chip, crack or peel for a period of twenty years. When considering the addition of seamless gutters it is imperative that you hire a professional roofing contractor to perform the installation. Be sure to do some research when you are deciding on a San Antonio roofing contractor; qualified roofing contractors will be listed with professional trade organizations in your local area. You can also use the Internet to help in this process. Some of the more common ones for this type of industry are: the BBB, Angies's List, and Service Magic.
• No need to repaint year after year.
• Aluminum doesn't rust like galvanized steel.
• Aluminum is lighter than steel.
• With no seams, except at the corners, you can be sure that there will be no leaks.
• Gutters are offered in 14 different colors, which are baked on for a long-lasting, beautiful appearance.
• Seamless guttering provides a more uniform appearance.
Why do I need gutters?
• Controls roof run-off.
• Water is the most destructive element to houses.
• Helps prevent wet walls.
• Helps prevent wall stains from roof splash-over.
• Adds value to the home.
• Prevents "waterfall" during storms when entering or leaving house.
• Helps prevent erosion along roof line.
How many downspouts do I need?
• Gutter capacity is determined by downspout drainage area.
• General rule; one downspout per 20 feet of gutter.
• Wide roofs and heavy rainfall areas will require more drainage in some cases.
• Two sizes of downspouts are available.
• Standard 2"x 3" = 186 gallon per minute.
• Commercial size 3" x 4" = 434 gallon per minute.
• Commercial size downspout will fit 5" gutters, requiring 3" x 4" outlets and elbows (available where 3" x 4" downspouts are stocked).
The benefits of using gutters far outweigh the initial cost of installing them. In the end the use of gutters may actually end up saving more money than the investment due to the gutters ability to prevent damage that may occur in cases where gutters are not used. When you consider the fact that for most of us our home is the largest investment we will make in our lifetime it really shouldn't be hard to justify the investment. If you are looking for San Antonio roofing contracting, you have to find out the service provider with a reasonable price.